Real estate agents are an under utilized source of information for current and future renters. Using a real estate agent to find a rental in Fredericksburg might just be the saving grace you are looking for!
While trying to find a rental in Fredericksburg, an agent will:
- Email you properties that meet your needs
- Assist you in finding out if the property allows pets, specialty leases, housing vouchers, or other specific needs
- Clearly outlining the application process
- Reviewing all application documents and submitting on your behalf
- Acting as the main point of contact for the future landlord and assisting in scheduling the pre-occupancy walk through and lease signing
- Most importantly, thoroughly read through the lease and negotiate out any terms that are unfavorable to you as the tenant! The standard Virginia lease is written to protect the landlord – let us help to protect you.
- And finally, answering any questions along the way!
When you work with one of our agents to find a rental in Fredericksburg, you can expect the following:
- During our first conversation, we will discuss what you are looking for in a home and set you up to receive automatic alerts on any new listings that match your criteria
- Anyone in the home over the age of 18 will be expected to submit a copy of their photo ID and income verification in the form of a recent paystub, W-2, recent tax return, letter of employment, etc. – these documents will be required prior to seeing any homes and are required for any application process.
- To sign a “right to represent” contract that confirms that you are “hiring” our agent to assist you in finding a rental in Fredericksburg, as well as a few other brokerage-required forms.
Our team frequently works with renters who are interested in finding a new rental in Fredericksburg or who are considering better utilizing their monthly housing allowance and gathering information about purchasing their first home.